Sugar-Free Smoked Salmon
View Reddit by FishGolfBeer – View Source
Welcome to /r/ketorecipes! You can find our [rules here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/wiki/index) and the [Keto FAQs here](https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq). Please be sure to include a detailed recipe in your post (this means **ingredients**, **directions**, and **plain text**) or in the comments, not a link to the recipe, or it will be removed per the sub rules!* Please report any rule-violations to the moderators and keep doing the lard’s work!
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ketorecipes) if you have any questions or concerns.*
**Sugar-Free Smoked Salmon**
*Prep Time: 6.5 hours* *Cook Time: 4 hours* *Total Time: 10.5 hours*
*Yield: 12 servings* *Category: Keto Seafood Recipes* *Method: Smoking*
2 Fillets 2.5 LB Salmon
4 Cups Morton’s Kosher Salt
4 Tbsp Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning
2 Tbsp Weber Mesquite Seasoning
1.5 Cups Great Value Sugar Free Syrup
4 Cups Hickory Wood Chips
***Nutrition Facts (per serving) 12 servings.***
Calories ——– 182 Kcal
Protein ——— 31.7 g
Carbs ———– 1.7 g
Fat ————– 4.2 g
Saturated Fat – 0.8 g
Iron ————- 4g
1. On an 11×17 rimmed cookie sheet sprinkle 1/3 of your kosher salt on the sheet.
2. Place salmon fillets skin side down on the sheet without overlapping the fillets.
3. Sprinkle the remaining 2/3 of your kosher salt on the flesh side of the fish.
4. Place some saran wrap over the top of the pan and the fillets.
5. Grab another 11×17 pan and place over the top of the saran wrap. Weigh this pan down with 20 to 30 lbs of pressure. (I use my bowling ball bag with 2x 15lb bowling balls)
6. Let salmon cure for 6 hours. (I let it sit in my garage at about 25 degrees)
7. Rinse salmon fillets in water to remove all the salt. Dab the fillets dry with a paper towel and place back on the 11×17 sheet.
8. Place sheet with fillets in front of a fan for 30 minutes to create the pellicle. (Outer layer of fillet that allows the smoke to stick to the fillet.
9. Sprinkle 4 Tbsp of the Chicago seasoning and 2 Tbsp of the Mesquite seasoning over the 2 fillets.
10. Preheat smoker to 165 degrees and remove both fillets from the sheet and place directly on smoker rack.
11. Add Hickory chips to your smoker immediatly and repeatedly add them every hour. (4 times)
12. After 2 hours and after 3 hours of smoking, brush the sugar free syrup on each fillet.
13. Once the fillet reaches 145 degrees internal temp, remove rack holding the fillets from smoker and let fillets rest for half an hour.
14. Cut into 12 equal servings and place them in Ziploc bags. Store in refrigerator.
Planning on buying myself a smoker here in the next couple weeks. Saving this post for later.
Oh my goooooddd this looks soo goooood
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *