Keto “Thin Mints”
View Reddit by badashley – View Source
Welcome to /r/ketorecipes! You can find our [rules here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/wiki/index) and the [Keto FAQs here](https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq). Please be sure to include a detailed recipe in your post (this means **ingredients**, **directions**, and **plain text**) or in the comments, not a link to the recipe, or it will be removed per the sub rules!* Please report any rule-violations to the moderators and keep doing the lard’s work!
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ketorecipes) if you have any questions or concerns.*
* 1 1/3 cup almond flour
* 2/3 cup cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
* 8 tablespoons erythritol (I used Swerve)
* 1 egg
#### For dipping
* 12 ounces dark chocolate, melted (I used a low carb dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe’s)
* 1-3 teaspoons coconut oil as needed (to adjust thickness)
* peppermint extract to taste
1. Add almond flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, salt and baking soda to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
2. Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 1 minute. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes.
3. Add in the egg, mixing until just incorporated. The mixture will appear slightly ‘broken’ (i.e. not thoroughly smooth).
4. With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest.
5. Wrap cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (or overnight).
6. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
7. Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and cutout the rounds (thin mints are roughly 2 inches).
8. Transfer cutout cookies onto prepared baking tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to baking.
9. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Since the cookies are dark already and you can’t guide yourself by color, I suggest doing a trial with one cookie if possible. When ready, the cookies will have puffed somewhat and smell amazing (this is our best cue here), but you’ll want to push the baking time to get them nice and crisp. So just keep an eye out for them.
10. Allow to cool for ten minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, as they’ll continue to crunch up (because of the sugar alcohol, this may take a few hours!).
11. Once cookies are cool and crunchy, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a water bath or microwave and incorporate peppermint extract little by little to taste. Dip the cookies into the chocolate using a fork and transfer to a parchment paper until set. You can always pop them in the freezer for a few minutes to instantly set them.
12. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or in the freezer for a couple months. And keep in mind that these cookies can be baked, once shaped, straight from the freezer (the batter keeps well frozen for up to 3 months).
Recipe, pretty please?!
These look great. I like the little tendril at the top right of the cookie.
This is happening in my kitchen tonight, for sure. Thank you!
Keto thick Mints
Keto Chocolatey Hockatey Puckatey
Keto sink stoppers
Keto UFO saucers
Keto in case you ain’t no tho
Ok those are my alternative names for this post carry on.
Why does it have a tail?
If I was to make these, all self control would go out the window until they were all gone.
Oh hell to the mother fucking yes!!!! I definitely need to make this!
As a cookie mom with two gs in my house…
I love you
What’s the speckling on top? What’s your favorite sugar substitute and where do you buy it from usually?
These look so good! Thanks for sharing. Most of the keto dessert recipes I see are really complex (I’m not much of a baker) but this looks relatively easy and also delicious.
THANK YOU. I have 3 unopened boxes of girl scout cookies in the cupboard, mocking me. Will definitely be making these!
Not all heroes wear capes ❤️
Looks awesome, will have to try!
I’m gonna try this out. I just made keto tagalongs and it was awesome too!
After a friend showed me his box of Thin Mints yesterday, I’ve been silently crying inside for the loss of my favorite Girl Scout cookie. Then I see this post. Hooray for a keto Thin Mint!! <3
I made these and used too much peppermint extract. It was awful, it made my kitchen smell sickeningly like mint for days! Learn from my mistakes! Be careful with peppermint!
I’ve made these (but with weed butter). They’re pretty great from the freezer.
Bless you, kind internet stranger
Made these yesterday, they are 💣
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *