Keto Chicken Pot Pie
View Reddit by badashley – View Source
Welcome to /r/ketorecipes! You can find our [rules here](https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/wiki/index) and the [Keto FAQs here](https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq). Please be sure to include a detailed recipe in your post (this means **ingredients**, **directions**, and **plain text**) or in the comments, not a link to the recipe, or it will be removed per the sub rules!* Please report any rule-violations to the moderators and keep doing the lard’s work!
*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/ketorecipes) if you have any questions or concerns.*
#### For the Chicken Pot Pie Filling:
* 2 tablespoons of butter
* 1/2 cup mixed veggies could also substitute green beans or broccoli
* 1/4 small onion diced
* 1/4 tsp pink salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 2 garlic cloves minced
* 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 tsp poultry seasoning
* 1/4 tsp rosemary
* pinch thyme
* 2 1/2 cups cooked shredded
* 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
#### For the crust:
* 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
* 1/3 cup coconut flour
* 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
* 4 eggs
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella shredded
* Cook 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Sautee onion, mixed veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in an oven safe skillet for approx 5 min or until onions are translucent.
* Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
* Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens. Make sure to simmer covered as the liquid will evaporate otherwise. You need a lot of liquid for this recipe, otherwise, it will be dry.
* Add diced chicken.
* Make the breading by combining melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream in a bowl then whisk together.
* Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
* Stir in cheese.
* Drop batter by dollops on top of the chicken pot pie. Do not spread it out, as the coconut flour will absorb too much of the liquid.
* Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-20 min.
* Set oven to broil and move chicken pot pie to top shelf. Broil for 1-2 minutes until bread topping is nicely browned.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.3g | Protein: 11.6g | Fat: 17g | Fiber: 2g
I can’t help but giggle about this because hubby and I were just saying something about chicken pot pie the other day. He was saying blech, and I was like, “omg, it sounds so good right now, but it’s definitely not keto friendly!” I’ll have to tease him that now I can make some…well, at least for myself since he’s not a fan. 😂😂
Do you think this would be freezeable ?
Thank you so much for posting this! I am always trying to find coconut flour recipes (vs almond flour) and they’re hard to come by.
I also made a pot pie. It was delicious!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *